Bored or lazy?

I’m so hungry, but nothing in this house sounds good to me.  What the crap is wrong with me?  I had a pretty crappy evening and didn’t get around to blogging, so I’m making up for it now.

Yesterday I attempted C25K W6D2 but only made it 7 minutes in before I had to stop.  I’ve NEVER quit a day.  The first time I tried Week 5 I didn’t make it through Day 2 and Day 3 without stopping, but I stopped, drank water, walked a bit, and pressed on.  This is the first time I had to stop and could not keep going.  Oh my lungs could’ve kept going…it was my damned shins that kept me back.  And I was so excited about trying out my new Sauconys too!  heart_broken

I cried all the way home, and though I’ve googled my condition before, I’ve never really sat down and paid hard attention to my research.  I always just thought I was doing something wrong or my shoes weren’t right and once fixed, the condition would fix itself.  When I got home, I did some research and diagnosed myself with posterior shin splints.  All the things I’ve read sound exactly like what I’ve been experiencing.  The pain kept getting worse, so I’ve taken the hint and will suspend my C25K program until I’m better.  I still need to do more research on how to help speed the healing process, but I know that running right now is only going to make it worse.  And because I’m job-searching and have no health insurance, I’ve gotta be extra careful about what I do to myself.

**I wrote all the above yesterday afternoon, then abandoned the mission for a jewelry sale…it was a damned good sale.  I’m finishing it this morning after the fact!**

Another thing I was wondering about my shins – was I getting enough protein to help my muscles rebuild themselves?  I don’t eat meat, and though I pay some attention to protein, I don’t think I make it enough of a priority.  When I got home from running, I made myself a 2-scoop protein powder-filled green monster, propped up my legs, and brought out the ice.


Dinner a couple hours later was truly American, posing as international.  I had cheese pizza with ranch and grocery store sushi.  Weird.


Crazy, right?    I’m pretty sure I had dessert, but don’t seem to have a picture of it…boo.  Breakfast the next morning was a cereal/yogurt/blueberry/flax combo, and it lasted me a good long while.


The morning consisted of me finishing a job application, mailing it (yeah, they don’t do it electronically – who does that anymore??), then heading to Barnes and Noble to get my fix.  I was so embarrassed when I was there…you’d think I was toting around a giant book entitled My Genitals are Burning the way I was trying to hide the cover.  I’m a tad ashamed.  I got my Starbucks staple while I was there, a skinny caramel latte. 


These bad boys do weird things to my tummy.  They’re very filling, but I still get hunger pangs in a weird way.  Lately I’ve been in a weird eating mood – nothing sounds good to me even if I’m hungry.  I can’t tell if I really am lazy or if we just don’t have anything that “sounds” good.  So I skipped lunch.  Terrible, I know, but I just didn’t feel like eating even though I was getting hungry.  At 3:45ish, my friend Deidra g-chatted me and asked if I wanted to go to the Handpicked warehouse sale.  I had driven by it that morning but was too afraid to go in by myself…I tend to wuss out in big crowds, so I was definitely happy I’d have a buddy to go with.  (I’ll try to remember to take a pic of my haul later)  After braving the crowds and picking through germy bins for over an hour, I was starving, both from effort and from having skipped lunch.  I called Mom on the way out to offer to get dinner at Panera next door and was happy she took me up on the offer!

I had my usual, the You-Pick-Two, with French onion soup and a salad.  I tried the new BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad and it was pretty darned good!  The dressing was BBQ Ranch (I only used half of what they gave me!) and it had tortilla strips and corn and black beans, maybe?  And chicken that I passed off to Mom.


They didn’t have their whole grain baguettes, so I got us white when I should’ve gotten an apple instead.  Bad decision.  I was also a little miffed that they forgot my croutons and seemingly forgot my parmesan cheese, but apparently they went ahead and dumped the cheese in instead of putting it in a cute little bag like usual.  I didn’t need the croutons.

Dessert was a little ice cream cone with B&J froyo, unpictured, and 2nd dinner (yeah, skipping lunch really caught up to me) was an Arnold’s with chocolate peanut butter, a smidge of honey, and banana.


Bad Kat.