On the run again!

Today was a pretty good day…I woke up late and instead of having breakfast, I had an early lunch.  Leftover pizza from last night!


I changed a couple of things from the first time I made it, and I liked it better this time.  I had a chocolate peanut butter Skinny Cow ice cream for dessert:


I knew I wanted to start back on my C25K training today but almost wussed out.  I think I mentioned I had the beginnings of an ingrown toenail (sorry if that’s TMI, because it totally weirds me out), and it’s pretty sore.  However, I taped some cotton to the side of my toe for padding and strapped on my shoes.  I took Madigan which was a big mistake…I couldn’t focus on pace when she was darting from one side of the path to the other, and after turning around at the halfway point, she was pulling really hard, both hurting and annoying the bejeezus out of me.

I set out today to do one thing – try to run.  I wanted to start and see how far I could go.  I decided to start with Week 5 (I had to quit in the middle of Week 6 about 2-3 weeks ago) because I was sure I had lost some cardiovascular endurance during my hiatus.  The 5 minute intervals were difficult, not going to lie, but completely doable.  I wish I hadn’t taken Maddy though, because I had to put all my focus on her.  I didn’t have any pain while running and it felt amazing to be able to feel that way again.  I took it slow and easy and felt good about what I did today.  However, I’m really mad at myself for two reasons.  1) I was going to stretch as soon as I got back to the trailhead, but I was preoccupied with getting Maddy some water (she was looking pretty rough).  I didn’t stretch until later this evening, and my calves/shins were feeling twinge-y when I was stretching them.  2) I wanted to come home and ice my legs – I even had a plan…I was going to lay on the couch and watch The Office and do nothing but ice and flip through a magazine.  However, I got sidetracked by hunger.  I’m sure icing is most effective right after working a muscle, but I need to do more research to see if it’s ineffective to ice muscles the day after a strain.  If it’s ok to do it tomorrow, I’ll definitely do that.  Blah blah blah, I ran, I didn’t die, and then I ate:


Peanut butter and jelly on an Arnold’s thin (grape jelly is the only way to make a PB&J, IMHO).

Dinner was interesting – Mom and I went for an Asian fusion thing and had sushi and egg rolls.  We split a pack of “crab salad” sushi from Publix (I really wanted my favorite, their version of inari sushi, but they were out; come to think of it, I haven’t seen it in awhile – I hope they haven’t quit making it!) while I made the veggie egg rolls.


Here is the world’s most unappetizing photo of my pretty appetizing dinner:


These are veggie egg rolls with a sauce made of low-sugar apricot jam, soy sauce, and peanut butter, and a side of sautéed squash and zucchini with balsamic vinegar (leftovers…didn’t really go with the Asian theme).  I hate it when food looks bland but tastes awesome.

Dessert was vanilla frozen yogurt with sugar free caramel sauce and toffee bits and peanut butter chips while we watched more Office.


I frakking LOVE toffee…I hope this doesn’t become a problem.  smile_embaressed