Thanks, Kat!! (Awesome name, BTW!)
I am supposed to tell you 10 things that make me happy and then hand it on to 10 people who inspire/motivate me
- TV shows on DVD (namely The Office (US & UK), Flight of the Conchords, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, and, lately, Better Off Ted)
- New readers and Twitter friends (and comments!!)
- Laughing with my childhood friends until my abs ache and my throat is raw
- Self-date nights (sitting down to watch a movie with a nice dinner and glass of wine)
- My pets (especially Brooks’ little meek meow, Morgan's puffy-feathered, "thumb-sucking" naps, and Maddy’s lazy grumbling and groaning)
- Actually doing something I’ve been meaning to do for awhile
- Doctored-up coffee that tastes far from drip
- When the scale goes down (call me shallow)
- When my Type-A brain overrides my Type-B laziness
- My Blackberry and all the networking, time wasting, and gossiping I can do with it
The 10 people who motivate and inspire me health- and fitness-wise are (and these are things I truly admire or appreciate about these people...I'm not just kissing ass!):
- Dori for kicking ass at Core Fusion, even when it sometimes kicks back (and for working hard to raise money for breast cancer and train for a freaking half marathon!!)
- Mary for living life to the fullest and not letting weight loss get in the way (I know she's already been tagged by Roni, but that's just a testament to her awesomeness!)
- Randi for celebrating non-scale victories and for balancing her health and hectic life
- Amanda for getting out of her comfort zone and making new friends as well as being a beast at the gym
- Chanelle for being such a sweet person; she makes me want to get organized and dance!
- Jenny for being a constant source of support, even when I just need reassurance that I'm not stupid or crazy (though sometimes I am)
- Candace for sticking with her goals and being a consistent commenter - two things that are a struggle for me!
- Monique for being such a good networker and supporter and all around sweet person (she was also tagged by Roni!)
- Sheryl for being a true fitness inspiration (she was part of the reason I dusted off my bike!) and for confidently being her beautiful, sexy self!
- Heather for always giving my brain some food for thought in her meaty posts and for working on conquering her fear of classes at the gym (I'd like to overcome that fear myself!)!