- Eat more things like this. Whole, simple, un-messed with.
- Eat fewer things like this. Sugary, carby, and addictive.
- Be more accountable. Keep getting in the habit of using Sparkpeople. Start writing more “this is what I ate” blog entries. And no, you can’t omit the “slip-ups.”
- Don’t get used to having this. Special occasions do arise, but you need to do a better job of realizing that “worth the splurge” really means “worth the setback.”
- Don’t be afraid of doing more of this. Someone called you out on your worst fear – you have a history of being anti-social. Don’t become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Show people like this how much you love them.
- Don’t be afraid, period. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. In terms of exercise, friendship, dating, professional goals – no progress will ever get made unless you take some risks and get out of your comfort zone.
Today I’m headed to Clemson for the wedding of the man who’s attempting to lick my face up there. I’m hoping to balance the fun of being with my friends and the strength to fight calorie-laden temptation. It’s an event, not a no-holds-barred excuse to binge, and I’m going to constantly struggle to remind myself that. What’s on your to-do list lately?